To serve a multidisciplinary community by leading technological innovation, scholarship, and the exchange of knowledge in the quantitative cell sciences.
To advance the impact of cytometry in meeting current and emerging challenges in the life, biomedical, and physical sciences.
What We Do
- ISAC produces CYTO, the annual international congress of cell analysis technology and applications. CYTO 2018 will be held from April 28 - May 2 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- CYTO Asia 2017, the first conference of its kind in Southeast Asia, was held from October 24-27, 2017 in Singapore.
- ISAC publishes Cytometry Part A as its official publication and the leading journal for new advances and applications in cellular analysis, as well as Current Protocols in Cytometry, the source of tested and trusted protocols for both image and flow cytometry.
- ISAC is expanding CYTO University (CYTO U), an online portal to peer-reviewed educational material, recorded courses and tutorials from CYTO conferences, and topical webinars on cytometry technology and applications. All CYTO U content is free to members of ISAC and webinars are free for all.
- ISAC developed and supports FlowRepository, an open source flow cytometry data repository that allows users to archive and share their published data.
- ISAC supports the development of students and early career scientists through reduced membership fees, student travel support to attend CYTO, the ISAC Marylou Ingram Scholars Program, and CYTO U.
- ISAC supports the development of technical staff and shared resource lab (SRL) managers and directors though reduced CYTO registration fees and travel support to the Congress for junior SRL staff, the ISAC SRL Emerging Leaders Program, and CYTO U.
- ISAC supports the international cytometry community through CYTO U and its Associated Societies, including many national and regional cytometry societies, and live courses and workshops in parts of the world where cytometry infrastructure is developing.