Announcing the 2015-2019 Shared Resource Lab (SRL) Emerging Leaders!
The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC) recently announced the five scientists who were chosen as 2015-2019 Shared Resource Lab (SRL) Emerging Leaders. They are:
- Jessica Back; Associate Director, Microscopy, Imaging, and Cytometry Resources (MICR) Core; Karmanos Cancer Institute/Wayne State University; Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Anna Belkina; Research Specialist; Boston University Flow Cytometry Core Facility; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Gelo Victoriano De La Cruz; Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager; Danish Stem Cell Center; Copenhagen, Denmark
- Nina Lane; Senior Scientific Officer; University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Institute; Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- Michael Thomson; Flow Cytometry Coordinator; St Vincent's Institute of Medical Research; Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
The ISAC SRL Leadership Development program is designed to enhance and develop the next generation of emerging leaders in SRL (Shared Resource Lab) operations who will also help further the field of cytometry. New SRL managers with less than three years of experience as a manager and deputy or assistant SRL managers with at least 3 years of experience are eligible to apply.
This five-year program provides ISAC SRL Emerging Leaders with a complimentary membership in the Society, subscription to Cytometry Part A, and complimentary registration and partial travel funds to attend the annual society CYTO conference as well as eligibility for one-time funding for training. In addition, ISAC SRL Emerging Leaders are given the opportunity to be an integral part of the Society through committee memberships, advisory boards, and creating educational material to further support the goals of ISAC. Being chosen an ISAC SRL Emerging Leader is an indication that you are recognized for your leadership potential, technical expertise and ability to achieve your career goals.
The ISAC SRL Emerging Leaders program is one of a number of programs and services ISAC recently launched to better serve its members who are Shared Resource Lab managers and staff. You can read more about these services online at: