The advancement of cytometry depends on the translation of innovative research into useful, accesible tools that can catalyze new biological understanding. CYTO Innovation is the forum within ISAC that explores the challenges and opportunities for the translation of new cell analysis technologies into commercially viable products and services.
CYTO Innovation Provides:
- An opportunity to learn about the translation of ideas and discoveries into products, services, and knowledge;
- The skills required for progressing from a research finding to useful products/services with impact;
- A unique platform for showcasing innovation in relevant industry sectors; and
- Engagement with a knowledgeable network of entrepreneurs, executives and other business people.
The following individuals have agreed to answer up to three questions from a given individual over the phone. No phone call should last more than five minutes so please focus your questions. Alternatively up to three questions from a given person may be sent by email with the subject "ISAC CI Entrepreneur's Question". Such emails will be answered within a week.
Individuals Willing to Provide Help
Check LinkedIn for details about the expertise of these individuals.
Lists of Resources (Excel)
Ideas to Help Entrepreneurs Obtain Funding
- Keep up to date on funding calls
- Keep up to date on new formats for grant applications, e.g. NIH has made some significant changes in what they are hoping to see. Some of the new sections to be included in grants are:
- Scientific Premise for Proposed Project
- Scientific Rigor – reproducibility etc.
- Relevant Biological Variables in Vertebrate Animals and Human Subjects
- Authentication of Key Biological and/or Chemical Resources
- Publish or patent new findings to establish scientific expertise
- Keep up to date on cytometry related problems through Cytometry Mailing list and other cytometry group communications