Who we are: A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Flow Division of MilliporeSigma is seeking an ImageStreamX MK II Specialist. The position is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned territory and works towards maximizing revenues and growth in line with company goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or the equivalent education and experience; PhD degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the life science industry with proven track record of capital equipment.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management, business planning and development skills including understanding of the academic and scientific research customer budgetary cycle
- Demonstrated experience in developing new geographical territories.
What we offer:
- Develops business plans and sales strategies for the territory that ensures attainment of the company sales and services revenue goals.
- Works closely with senior sales and executive management to develop strategies for successful sales in North America.
- Prepares action plans for development of sales leads and prospects that includes initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new accounts.
- Establishes relationship and engages customers on a regular weekly basis.
- Conducts sales presentations, scientific seminars, product demonstrations. Represents the company at various trade shows and meetings.
- Records customer/prospect communications and maintains Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database via "salesforce" computer tracking system.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives.
- Provides feedback to Project Management regarding customer requirements and competitive activity.
- Travels more than 50% of the time
- May perform other sales and customer support activities as required and/or assigned.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Curious? Apply at https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/jobs/171386
||February 8, 2018
||April 8, 2018
USA & Canada - Field Service