A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for ensuring good daily operation of the core laboratory and all associated equipment. Incumbent will be experienced with the operation and maintenance of equipment such as the florescent activated cell sorting (FACS) instruments, flow cytometry equipment and mass cytometry using time of flight mass spectroscopy (CyToF)
Most of your time will be spent in the laboratory working with technical equipment and producing data for experiments designed and requested by the translational innovation platforms (TIPs – therapeutic areas). Familiarity with good laboratory documentation, understanding of critical time lines and delivery of timely results is required. Experience with troubleshooting both instrumentation and assays is essential.
Who you are:
What we offer:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus year of experience or a Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, or related field required
- PhD preferred
- Three plus years of experience in FACS and CyToF strongly preferred
- Maintain, calibrate and operate flow cytometry analytical equipment and instruments
- Develop and qualify robust flow cytometry methods; transfer to contract organizations when needed
- Develop standard operating procedures, analytical test methods and analytical sampling plans
- Operate in a matrixed environment and work with cross-functional teams
- Develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Design and execute experimental approaches and new analytical technologies and assist with the continuous improvement of analytical tools
- Maintain a current understanding of recent developments in technology and methods and the application of them to SRDI experiments
- Provide technical leadership to reagent and assay development
- Responsible for ensuring the training of all users of technical instruments of the Core Lab.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in flow cytometry, florescent activated cell sorting (FACS) and mass cytometry (CyToF)
- Contribute to scientific journal publications and internal SOP’s
- Participation in external publications and professional associations
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
A business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
EMD Serono Research and Development Institute, Inc. | 45A Middlesex Turnpike | Billerica, MA 01821 | USA
Office: +1 978-625-5616 | Mobile: +1 978-495-6407 | Email: Richard.Konz@emdserono.com
||March 30, 2018
||May 30, 2018
Richard Konz - Richard.Konz@emdserono.com