Sony Biotechnology, Inc. is a leading innovator of cell-based research analytical systems. Product offerings include flow cytometers for analysis and cell sorting, a spectral analyzer, software, reagents, and an experienced and dedicated team of professionals to support these products. These systems provide some of the most productive solutions for cell researchers throughout the world
Sony Biotechnology is looking for a Field Application Scientist in the Chicago area. The FAS is responsible for providing high-level pre-sale and post-sale support to external and internal customers on all Sony Biotechnology instruments.
- Provide pre- and post-sales support for company products (in person and over the phone)
- Conduct customer training at customer sites
- Perform instrument and reagent demonstrations
- Conduct seminars, workshops and represent the company at meetings
- Meet customer requirements (responsive, schedule conscious, etc).
- Provide reports, marketing intelligence and information to supervisor and other company personnel as required
- Utilize a contact management system with regularity by updating contact info, adding notes, customer information, etc.
- Maintain relevant internal communications to optimize business growth and customer satisfaction
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to the health and safety policy and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- 50% travel required.
- M.Sc. degree or higher in Biology, Immunology or related life science discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience with multi-laser and/or multicolor flow cytometry applications is required.
- Experience in cell sorting and spectral flow analysis
- Experienced MS Office user.
- Manage time, activities and expenses to optimize productivity and minimize the cost of doing business.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
For more information, visit: https://careers.sony.com/sony/?offerid=1778
||March 15, 2018
||May 15, 2018
USA - Chicago, Illinois