Locations: San Jose, CA, San Diego, CA, Tempe, AZ
BD is looking for a Clinical Applications Scientist to provide advanced support for BD Biosciences (BDB) flow cytometry products. The ideal candidate will have expertise in a broad-range of Clinical Flow Cytometry applications, including leukemia and lymphoma, immunodeficiency, cross-match, stem cell enumeration, DNA ploidy, transplant medicine, and antibody-mediated therapy assays.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as a subject matter expert for strategic product applications in Flow Cytometry; provides pre- and post- sales support to sales associates based upon customer and BDB business needs. He/she takes part in system validation activities throughout all phases of product development process; providing voice of the customer expertise to marketing, business development, and product design teams; acting as a technical training and consulting resource for our in-house and field-based technical teams, sales, and service organizations.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as an expert in multicolor flow cytometry applications, has a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (Instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitor platforms; must stay scientifically up-to-date and engaged in a fast-moving field in which our business participates and possess a deep understanding of BDB customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports critical customer sites by applying his/her expertise in with multi-color flow applications; demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) to provide product demonstrations, troubleshooting, assay/workflow design and other technical consultations as needed.
- Understands major competitors’ platforms and stays scientifically current and engaged in fast- moving fields in which our business participates and deeply understand BDB customer needs.
- Provides voice of the customer information source for Marketing, Product Development, Business Development and other departments. Participates as a member of product strategy teams as assigned. Collaborates with appropriate departments to develop technical presentations, applications notes and other communication materials.
- Trains field-based and in-house technical applications associates as assigned.
- Provides technical support at tradeshows, user’s meetings, workshops, and other special Cell Analysis venues as appropriate. Acts as a technical resource for internal associates. Ensures technical knowledge transfer between all customer facing teams
- Keeps abreast of the U.S. and non-U.S. regulations affecting own area of job function as well as customer’ specific regulatory requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. Ensures safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
To apply, please use the link below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological or Life Science Discipline; and/or degree in Medical Technology
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Flow Cytometry, including instrument setup, sample preparation, and data acquisition and analysis.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Clinical Flow Cytometry.
- Expert in multicolor flow applications.
- Strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitors’ platforms.
- Experience with instrumentation and assay troubleshooting and in the development of assay/workflow designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 60-80%.
||November 2, 2018
||December 28, 2018
USA - San Jose, CA, San Diego, CA, Tempe, AZ