At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The aim of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility is to facilitate and help advance the scope and quality of Cancer Research at MSK by providing investigators advanced instrumentation and high-level technical and scientific expertise in multi-dimensional Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting.
We are currently seeking a Flow Cytometry Coordinator with advanced Flow Cytometry experience to integrate an exciting team of scientific and technologically-driven staff.
As a Flow Cytometry Coordinator you will:
- Operate cell sorters and perform simple troubleshooting and repairs of Flow Cytometry equipment
- Provide technical and scientific support to researchers in operating analyzers and Flow Analysis software
- Perform daily startup and shutdown of flow instrumentation
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of flow instrumentation
- Perform Quality Control in all Cell Sorters, Analyzers and other required instrumentation
- Perform some Administrative duties
- Assist in Research and Development programs coordinated by senior staff, and learn how to coordinate these programs independently
- Learn Experimental Design and Execution in Flow Cytometry
As a contributor to the Research and Development programs, you will have the opportunity to present your results in the Core Lab meetings, in Regional and/or International meetings, as well as co-authoring any publications resulting from your contributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4-7 years experience operating in a Flow Core Facility or demonstrated experience in using Flow Cytometry. Master’s degree preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
||March 26, 2018
||May 26, 2018
USA - New York, New York