Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: The Flow Cytometry Specialist supports flow cytometry and cell sorting experiments for the UTHSC community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the flow cytometers and cell sorter.
- Consults with users to design and troubleshoot experimental techniques and to provide data analysis.
- Maintains the flow cytometers and cell sorters and associated computers as well as daily maintenance for the FCCS Core Instrumentation.
- Trains users in core access procedures and to operate the flow cytometer(s).
- Provides invoice information to the core business manager and responsible for core use record keeping.
- Develops SOPs for flow cytometry and FACS protocols; updates core information including SOPs on the core website.
- Provides training and informational seminars and workshops related to flow cytometry and FACS technologies relevant to Core instrumentation.
- Provides educational and informational seminars to the UTHSC community about flow cytometry and flow sorting protocols, tools and resources at the discretion of the FCCS Core Director.
- Performs other duties as required, including in other UTHSC institutional core facilities (Molecular Resource Center, Proteomics and Metabolomics cores, etc.).
- Masters degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, or related field;
- Three (3) years relevant experience in flow cytometry and/or FACS;
- Ph.D. is strongly preferred or Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, or related field;
- Seven (7) years relevant experience in flow cytometry and/or FACS.
- Training in the theory and practice of flow cytometry and FCCS preferred.
- Must have work history or research experience with eukaryotic, preferably mammalian cell systems with authorship on relevant publications.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in both the theory and practical application of flow cytometric techniques.
- Expertise in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology is also required to assist other institutional core facilities.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
For more information and to apply online, visit: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_health_science_center/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000001M1&tz=GMT-06%3A00
||January 11, 2018
||March 11, 2018
USA - Memphis, Tennessee