De Novo Software is a rapidly growing company specializing in data analysis solutions for scientific experiments. Our flagship product, FCS Express, is used in thousands of research and clinical laboratories world-wide in applications ranging from basic science to disease diagnosis. We are a small company located in Los Angeles, CA.
This position is for those looking for those who enjoy integrating cutting-edge data analysis algorithms into commercial software. Depending on the candidate, aspects of the job will include researching, developing, comparing and optimizing algorithms for analyzing large data sets. Other aspects may include simulations, graphing, statistical analysis and User Interface design. The candidate will enjoy theoretical aspects of software development, such as design patterns, OOP and software architecture.
- We are seeking a motivated, creative thinker to work in the heart of our development team. The specific duties will include algorithm development, programming and testing, but depending on the candidate can expand beyond that. The successful candidate will be enjoy investigating new technologies, and be able to keep an eye on the long-term goals while working on specific challenging programming problems. Candidate will also be involved in running simulations to validate different algorithmic approaches.
- The candidate will be working very closely with the rest of the team, including the company president, but will also have the ability to work efficiently independently.
- Will work in a small company environment.
- Will report directly to president.
- Will perform algorithm development, software design, coding and testing.
- Development primarily in R and/or Matlab and Delphi.
- Will investigate new technologies and tools.
- Some Telecommuting OK.
- Permanent position only.
- 3 years experience in scientific programming.
- Experience in using matrix math libraries.
- Experience in linear algebra.
- Experience in creating simulations.
- Experience in implementing algorithms described in scientific publications.
- Masters or PhD
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with general purpose development language (.NET, Java, C++, Delphi etc).
- Biology background.
- Flow Cytometry data analysis.
- Experience minimizing systems of equations.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently.
- Oral and written communication suitable for business and technical users.
||August 22, 2018
||October 22, 2018
USA - Los Angeles, California