Kite, a Gilead company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is seeking a talented individual with T-cell analytical development experience to work in Product Sciences on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Scientist will be assisting in flow cytometric analytical characterization of cell therapy products, maturation of research analytical methodology into development and GMP, and analytical method technology transfer from to Kite contract vendors. You will also be assisting in planning and executing laboratory studies, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. You will participate in laboratory activities to support analytical and process development as well as the characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing, qualifying, executing and documenting flow cytometry methods to study and characterize processes for production of autologous T cell therapies in Product Sciences
- Maintain, calibrate and operate flow cytometry analytical equipment and instruments
- Assist in transferring flow cytometry assays to QC or contract organizations
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures, analytical test methods and analytical sampling plans
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
- Assist in designing and executing method development and qualification in support of lead candidate selection, process development, product release and stability, and product characterization
- Assist in designing and executing experimental approaches and new analytical technologies and assists with continuous improvement of analytical tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. with at least 1 year experience in industry
- M.Sc with at least 3 years’ experience in industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing flow cytometry methods, and technical knowledge of instrument and method controls.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Previous experience with cell therapy products, or other technologies is a plus
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and flow cytometry data analysis
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, there will be occasional weekend work required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
Interested candidates should apply directly at:
||March 14, 2018
||May 14, 2018
USA - Santa Monica, California