Owl Biomedical, Inc. is actively developing and commercializing microchip-based cell sorting systems that are changing the world of cell therapy and cancer diagnostics. We are breaking new ground with features and capabilities to make flow cytometry cell sorting easier and more reliable for our customers.
To support this effort, we are seeking a Software Engineer to assist in the design, development, and maintenance of novel features and user interfaces. Within this role, you will identify, track, and fix any software issues, coordinate software development efforts with local and remote developers to design, implement, and improve product features, graphical user interfaces, and processes in instrument subsystems. Overall, your keen ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team to support and coordinate software development efforts will champion the continued success of Owl biomedical.
- Advance product functionality and performance through regular exchanges with offshore development team and local multi-disciplinary R&D team
- Design, develop, and maintain both the user-facing instrument interface and the internal control software for the product
- Maintain documentation for all designs, algorithms, and code
- Perform testing and validation of new software versions/features and determine root causes of multi-faceted technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field; 3-6 years of experience in a high tech environment with a fundamental understanding of advanced engineering principles and concepts; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented programming with C/C++
- Preferred proficiencies with scripted languages, specifically Python and MATLAB
- Preferred proficiency with the Qt library in both Windows and Linux
- Preferred proficiencies with source code control (like GIT/SVN), build management (like CMake), and code profiling/optimization tools (like Callgrind)
- Preferred knowledge of flow cytometry and related technologies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Must have ability to handle more than one task at a time and must work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is performed in a temperature controlled facility without exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures. Generally, this job is performed in a manufacturing environment. Some job functions may be performed in a sanitized laboratory setting. Employees entering and leaving the laboratory must wear appropriate clothing and protective equipment such as masks, glasses and gloves. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Owl biomedical, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, please go to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/MIL1021/JobBoard/74a07728-3502-49bf-b722-f5ba424bac00/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ea07b400-53f4-440e-bbec-0dd697428d88
||December 4, 2018
||February 4, 2019
USA - Santa Barbara, California