|Type of Position:
Description & Details
The Manager/Sr. Manager will deliver a comprehensive flow cytometry service for Iovance’s Research, Translational Research, and Process Development groups located in Tampa, Florida. Research groups focus on studying tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of cancer.
- To run the Iovance’s multi-user flow cytometry analysis and sorting facility by operating, maintaining, and trouble-shooting the equipment as well as arranging for regular and emergency services.
- To advice on the purchase of new equipment.
- To operate as an individual technical advisor supporting all research activities.
- To design, test, and qualify multi-color flow panels for the analysis of TIL.
- To write corresponding SOPs.
- To train users on flow cytometry instruments and applications.
- To initiate and manage outside service contracts providing access to advanced flow cytometry assays.
- To adequately record all raw, analyzed, and QC’ed data.
- To report all results as both written documents and oral presentations in a clear and timely fashion for internal information.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years post-graduate expertise in flow cytometry, in industry or academia.
- Extensive experience in managing a multi-user flow cytometry facility.
- Complete fluency with current flow data analysis software.
- High-level of computer literacy.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics a plus.
- Knowledge of cancer biology and immuno-oncology as well as familiarity with current immunotherapeutic approaches a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skill.
- Good knowledge of assay design and qualification.
- Ability to clearly teach and transfer knowledge.
- Upmost scientific rigor and exceptional work ethic.
- Comfortable working with Contract Research organizations (CROs).
- Excellent communication skills in person and over conference calls with a variety of individuals from internal Research staff to executive team, collaborators, and CROs.
- Highly motivated individual, who adapts to new situations and wants to be part of a dynamic and growing team; must have collaborative spirit.
How to Apply / Contact
Apply directly through Iovance Biotherapeutics job portal