Sony Biotechnology is seeking a Research Assistant to join the Biological Sciences team. The Research Assistant will support the research and development activities performed at the Sony Advanced Research Center. This role is responsible for operating cytometers, and tasks that support research and development of dyes used in flow cytometry. Critical to this role is technical experience in scientific research, experimental design, and assay development.
- Perform cytometer and microscopy daily maintenance, and quality control.
- Conduct developing research project(s) and follow protocols to ensure accurate and comparable scientific results.
- Analyze and create reports of cytometric results.
- Perform sample preparation, surface and intracellular antibody conjugation screening.
- Support product demonstration and training conducted by team members as needed.
- Track stability studies; pooling the samples on time and points for testing.
- Maintain files of the generated interim stability reports.
- Support lab operations and maintenance activities; this includes maintaining lab stock places orders, managing inventories for laboratory supplies, updating databases for chemical inventories, shipments, raw materials, and lab supplies.
- Travel up to 5% as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in Life Science Research.
- Must have experience operating a variety of flow cytometers, troubleshooting panel design, working with antibodies and analyzing flow cytometric results.
- Demonstrates familiarity with cell biology, cell culture, immunology, and cytometry.
- Experience with laboratory methods (i.e., ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, Microscopy, Spectroscopy, Immunohistochemistry, FL amplification techniques) and equipment strongly preferred (i.e., centrifuge, incubator, BSL cabinets, fume hoods, spectral analyzers, particle analyzers, microscope, and cameras).
- Demonstrates basic competency with microscopes, flow cytometry sorters and analyzers, and third-party software analysis platforms including FCS Express and FlowJo.
- Experience working with human blood and mouse primary cells, and derived cell culture skills at BSL-II level.
- Possesses basic knowledge of multi-color flow cytometry – including surface, intra-cytoplasmic, phosphorylated-epitope, and/or intra-nuclear cell staining.
- Works comfortably in a complex laboratory environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.