Kelly Government is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientist with Flow Cytometry experience to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
TASKS: The contractor shall:
- Perform flow cytometric cell sorting and/or analysis of research scientist-supplied samples.
- Help with maintaining and organizing inventory of samples and metadata, and with managing inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and prepare the information resulting from these experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and for publication.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. required to handle biological materials, carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological waste, etc.
- Help with maintaining work bench and equipment related to the project. Catalog and label laboratory samples.
- Operate and communicate effectively in a group, team-oriented working environment. Work with and support others in a collegial, open, respectful, and interactive working manner. Provide leadership and act as a role model and mentor where appropriate or when needed.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of data and preparing summaries of laboratory findings to be used in reports and papers to be presented at scientific meetings and/or publication in scientific journals. Actively participating in the preparation of manuscripts, abstracts, and/or posters.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to: SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, protein and peptide purification.
- Write reports of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved and results of experiments. Maintain laboratory records.
- Interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment with the task leader as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Provide specialized scientific support, including literature review for new methods and procedures on the design, planning, conduct and publication of experiments.
- Responsible to help educate trainees (post-docs, post-bacs) on hands-on bench skills, including library preparation and general bench/cellular techniques.
- Work collaboratively with others in the lab to generate sequencing-based data for publications.
- Minor lab management duties will entail the maintenance of sequencers and liaise with vendors as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with host and pathogen DNA/RNA purification and quantitation, QC, real-time PCR, sequencing, ELISAs, Co-IP and immune blotting, flow cytometry and corresponding analysis.
- Experience with plasmid design/preparation, cellular transfections/transductions and CRISPR/Cas mutagenesis.
- Understand principles of molecular biology, genetics, systems biology, and immunology.
- Experience with cell culture and growth of viruses in cell culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Why Kelly ® ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
About Kelly ®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
This Is a Long-term Contract Position Which Offers
• Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
• Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
• Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com