||On-chip Biotechnologies (USA) Co., Ltd.
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Job Opening Description
Field Application Scientist Position at On-chip Biotechnologies (USA) Co., Ltd.
On-chip Biotechnologies is a Tokyo-based start-up company established in 2005. In 2012, On-chip released the world’s first microfluidic chip-based cell sorter on the market called On-chip Sort, which won the runner up spot for Tokyo Venture Technology Award in 2013. On-chip has been striving to provide a whole new sorting experience: the microfluidic sorting technique that allows for collection of cells prone to damage due to conventional sorting technologies. On-chip Biotechnologies
recently opened a US-subsidiary in West Los Angeles. This will be a great opportunity for those looking for a new and challenging role in a friendly environment.
Position in offer:
The position described is for a field application scientist with broad knowledge and experience in flow cytometry/cell sorting, who will support sales of On-chip Biotechnologies’ products in North America and markets outside of North America. The position will require frequent travel away from home.
Typical role includes, but not limited to:
- Set up and demonstrations of On-chip products
- In-field and remote support of existing customers
- Installation and training of instruments at customer sites
- Maintenance, check-up and basic repairs of instruments
- Delivery of presentations and seminars at customer sites and conferences
- Attending small to large-scale conferences as an exhibition member
- Reporting relevant changes and updates in the flow cytometry/cell sorting market and customer information to the head of US operation
- Development of new applications with collaborators
Required and preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any field of biology such as Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- 3+ years practical experience preferably industrial in flow cytometry of any kind
Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge of flow cytometry/cell sorting
- Understanding of microfluidics is a plus
- Good customer relations and servicing skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Flexibility to work in a small company where one takes various roles
- Eager to learn and apply new knowledge to science and technology
- Persuasive and engaging communication, both in written and verbal forms
- Understanding of selling through distributors is an asset
- Frequent travels (estimate up to 70% of time)
- Living within commuting distance around West LA area
- Attending phone/video meetings outside of normal working hours due to time differences
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply / Contact
Please send your resume or any questions to Jin Akagi at firstname.lastname@example.org.